SelectCare Benefits Network - SelectCare Benefits (aka SCBN.org) is a RIP-OFF
To all of those who access the website SelectCare Benefits… STOP, go no further!
SELECT CARE BENEFITS HAS BEEN DEEMED UNSATISFACTORY BY THE BBB. I’ve got my story and apparently there were many others. This is in regard to a reduced rate or free prescription program.
I contacted this site in attempts to get my medication at a reduced rate or free. The call I made to subscribe was quick. I did not have all the information they needed but I would receive a packet in the mail to complete and return. The cost was $80. $50 for the application fee and $30 for the subscription. I asked that they not take the cash out of my account till a particular date as I did not want to overdraw my account. Times have been tough. About two weeks later, I had checked my bank account and found that they had withdrawn the $80. It was the same day I had found that my work hours were to be reduced. I called them to let them know I need to withdrawal my participation in the program as I needed the cash. I related that no packet was ever received from the company. I was told that I did not receive a packet because my membership didn’t start until they received payment and received the necessary information to acquire the needed medications.
After this phone call began my nightmare began.
I was told that I needed to send a letter of cancellation to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors do not take phone calls. I was also told that I needed to give “a full explanation as to why you feel you deserve a refund” I wrote my letter and explained why I should get my refund. I waited and waited and waited, no check, no letter, no phone call. So I called back. Now I’m told that I need to send a letter of “Request for Refund” to the Board of Directors? NOW I KNOW I’M BEING SCREWED. I sent that letter as well with a few choice comments. AGAIN, I waited and waited and waited. NOTHING.
I made approximately 30 phone calls to this company. The customer service reps are kind of you are inquiring about the program, but are very rude when you are requesting answers and money. I eventually wrote to the Better Business Bureau. They have tried to resolve the situation, but the only response from Select Care Benefits is a “cut and paste” response from their book of lies. I will also note, they had little respect for this process as they were late to respond. However, they said I was entitled to $30 refund but the $50 was not refundable because that was my “non-refundable” process fee. I responded to the BBB letting them know this was not acceptable and that I was told the $50 was for the packet fee which is refundable if I return the packet. I didn’t receive one.
SelectCare Benefits has not accepted with any response to BBB’s offer for an Alternate Dispute Resolution. They also have deemed this company as Unsatisfactory
Check out these reports from the BBB. Same company, two different addresses.
SelectCare Benefits state:
As America's leading Patient Advocate Organization, we fully manage the processes of managing multiple Patient Assistance Programs on an ongoing basis. This makes certain that all of our members constantly receive their medications. Our experienced advocates and state of the art technology makes managing these processes almost effortless for patients in need of prescription assistance through Patient Assistance Programs. Though we are not completely immune from some human error, we boast a 98% approval ratio on applications for assistance that we submit, an approval rate over 10 times what was stated by the pharmaceutical company representative. In the few cases that are disapproved, we quickly follow up to correct any mistakes or file appeals to make sure our members receive medication assistance if at all possible.
When you become a member of Select Care Benefits Network, you will begin experiencing tremendous savings on your prescription medications. However, we must first do a thorough analysis to make sure that you qualify for assistance and will be able to do the small amount of work that is required by you to fully benefit from our prescription assistance.
What they fail to say in large enough print or easy to find text is that they DO NOT GUARANTEE your medication. This company is set up with people taking your personal information over the phone. You provide them with more personal and medication information through a packet (that I’ve not seen) and they submit it to the pharmaceutical company. The drug company determines whether you meet the guidelines for a reduced rate or free prescription.
What you SHOULD KNOW is that you can obtain these forms through the pharmaceutical company and get the information and signatures yourself and send it in to the drug company who sponsers the program. OR…. You can access the website https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php
The Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps match patients who cannot afford medication to prescription assistance programs that provide free or nearly free medicines to eligible patients. There are no charges associated with using the PPA and almost all of the programs in our database offer their services free of charge. There are other companies that offer to connect consumers to these same programs for a service fee, some of which use our name without our permission to attract people to their websites. We will continue to ask these businesses to stop using our name to confuse you into thinking that their mission is the same as ours: to help you find, without charge, the program that’s right for you. Remember, you will never be asked for money by a PPA Call Center representative, or on this website. To find out what programs you may be eligible for, click here or call 1- 888-4PPA-NOW
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Well, my girlfriend heard this infomercial on the radio about a weight loss product and asked me to buy it. She told me they would give you a $100 Walmart..."
- "I am so happy with Advocare! I have lost 54lbs since January! No problem with the distributors, I am a distributor myself so contact me if you want to change..."
- "During the last few months I just wasn't feeling right ! Great DigestWorks is a premium quality probiotic supplement I’m starting to feel the results. Combined with OMEGA XL the..."
- "Son sent flowers for Mother' Day as usual (39 years) Used Avas for 1st time(and last) . When the box was open, two handfuls of leaves fell out. Brown spots..."
- "This is a terrible company who promises professional reliable service but who delivers appalling "agents" to pick up and deliver your goods. They demand a deposit up front that they..."
- "I stayed at the comfort in in Birmingham Alabama on colonnade parkway. this was by far the WORST hotel i have EVER been in. just a list of what was..."
- " Dear Sirs, 10/8/2015 My name is R. LaBroi. I have been a student of James Madison for a number of years. My student number is JM964744. I have dealt with..."
- "I think red robins new idea of having the ziosk at the table now to order and to pay is very unsanitary we wat gere at least once a week..."
- "Specifically; fit, finish and quality issues throughout. The RV is put together with cheap and inferior quality products, the fit and finish is horrible and the customer "NO" service..."